Role and responsibilities
- Telephone based sales position
- Inbound calls from customers looking to buy motor insurance
- Outbound calls on warm leads
- You must be able to close sales to generate and maximise revenue while providing a high quality, positive sales experience to prospective customers
- You will conduct in-depth fact finds to uncover material facts, offering the most appropriate products in a compliant fashion
- Objection handling key to this role and the ability to persuade and influence customers decisions whilst avoiding pressure selling
- You will be required to meet and exceed realistic sales goals
- The successful Motor Insurance Sales Executive must have a strong can-do sales mentality and be comfortable in a high pressure sales environment.
- Working to deadlines you will also be required to liaise with our internal underwriters to provide the best quote to our customers.
- All employees are expected to pitch in and go the extra mile to see the business succeed.
- An Exceptional Insurance Sales Executive may be required to build their own team in the coming 12 - 18 months.
Skills and experience
- Telephone sales experience of outbound and inbound sales - Essential
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience with Word and Excel
- Experience in the insurance industry - Preferred but not essential as full training provided
- Experience with motor insurance - Preferred but not essential as full training provided
- Team player with the ability to flex requirements to meet the needs of the business
- Experience of working towards and achieving targets would be beneficial, but not essential
- CII qualification
- Full driving licence and own car
Salary and benefits
- Salary range £19,000 - £24,000 depending on experience
- Generous uncapped commission structure provides a minimum OTE £30,000.
- Eye tests with contribution towards cost of spectacles (if required for VDU use)
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- 21 days annual leave plus all English bank holidays