Broker Software Manager
We are a young and progressive insurance broker undergoing rapid growth. As a result of which we have developed a need for a tenacious, driven, technology expert with a meticulous eye for perfection and proven track record, to share the responsibility of the management of our technology throughout the business. We are looking for someone with experience in a similar role within the Insurance environment who has in-depth knowledge of dedicated insurance software platforms. In order to be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate experience in a similar position as this is not a trainee role.
Role and responsibilities
- Carry out tasks to build, update and amend system config.
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues for 100 End users
- Act as an initial point of contact for internal IT related support requests
- Respond to issues logged to appropriate SLA’s and KPI’s
- Perform software releases and configuration changes in line with predefined procedures
- Own logged support requests until resolved or escalated to the appropriate team
- Maintain technical documentation used by Internal Infrastructure
- Set up new starters / administer leavers on IT systems
- Dealing with suppliers for sourcing replacement equipment, or software
- Perform any other duties that are reasonably required from time to time
Experience in the following areas would be beneficial
- WordPress development
- Telecoms and web services infrastructure
- Maintenance, repair & testing for internal IT Infrastructure including Desktop PCs and Laptops, Telephones, Printer, Peripherals and Servers as necessary
- Monitoring network engineering performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Configuring and installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Management of enterprise Hosted solutions and associated applications, as necessary
This is a “hands on” role and with it comes the responsibility of the uptime of the business and an understanding that “issues” don’t have working hours. As such there is an expectation that when the phone rings the support is there in an instant. There will be occasions where projects necessitate out of hours commitment so as not to impact the day to day running of the business. Experience working in an IT department within the insurance industry is vital and therefore a requirement.
The successful candidate will be joining us at a very exciting time as we gear up to progress to the next stage of growth.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary range £27,500 - £32,500 depending on experience
- Eye tests with contribution towards cost of spectacles (if required for VDU use)
- Employee assistance program
- Cycle to work scheme
- 21 days annual leave plus all English bank holidays